DSS/Sandata have published the first public specification for EVV in Missouri. The requirements are similar to those of other states using Sandata as the EVV data aggregator.
- Providers need to transmit three files to Sandata before each billing
- Employees (Caregivers)
- The employee file must contain the Family Care Safety Register Number.
- The client file must contain the Client’s Phone Number and the 8 digit Departmental Client (Medicaid) number.
- Tasks (documentation) is currently required for 5 procedure codes.
- Four main methods of EVV data captured are supported:
- Fixed Verification Device
- Manual additions and edits need to have an “EVV Reason Code”. The EVV Reason Code must be attached to each manual addition or edit.
- Manual additions, edited originals and replacement records must be identified as such (most states give providers a “budget” for the percentage of edits without an audit or denial being triggered).
- The original EVV record cannot be over-written and must be available for audits.
Agency Workforce Management includes a Sandata Pre-Verification system to help providers minimize rejections, and standard reports that can be used to highlight “missing” information.
Agency Workforce Management automatically reports the percentage of manual additions and edits. The national average is currently around 15%.